Monday, February 17, 2014

Training Day One is on the horizon

Sara Claire-Lajeunesse of Agatsu Inc.

I am off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of kettlebell training and all things physically challenging. I am excited for the week ahead but also a little intimidated by the thought of 5 full days of training. How am I going to survive?

The description of the week looks like this:
5 day intensive that will change how you train forever. Join us in Montreal, Quebec for 5 days of training at the Agatsu Academy. Follow our weekly routine and train as we train to develop greater strength, speed, endurance, flexibility, mobility, power and balance. Receive personal programming tips that will help you develop your skills and deepen your personal practice.

Some Topics Include:
  •     Joint Mobility & Flexibility
  •     Gymnastics
  •     Olympic Weightlifting
  •     Kettlebells
  •     Bulgarian Bag
  •     Handbalancing
  •     Indian Clubs
  •     Breathing Techniques
  •     Adaptive Bodywork (Fascial Stretching)
Intensives are limited to a max of five participants. Multiple training sessions are included each day as well as time for rest, recovery and seeing the sights of Montreal. 
This last part sounds good, if you can believe them.
I am probably most looking forward to doing gymnastics rings, which I’ve never tried before. But just training with these people is going to be amazing.
And apparently Johnny Dep is going to be there. Oh, maybe not the Johnny Depp – different spelling.
I am taking the 6:00 am train to Dorval and cabbing from there to the Academy. In the evening, I will walk to the hotel (I’m told it’s about 20 minutes away) and check in. Then I will be walking there and back each morning and evening. Taking my laptop, workout clothes and not much else. Pretty easy. Would love to take my own food but that is not practical. Hope I can get decent meals at the hotel and find somewhere to buy snacks on the way to the training. The weather is looking milder so that will be simplify clothing choices. But if it rains I will gag. There should be a rule in winter: no rain allowed!
Tomorrow I will have lots to tell you about the first day of training. I hope everybody takes the time to train today. And enjoy the day with your family!



No comments:

Post a Comment