Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Delicious salad dressing recipes




If you are health conscious, you are probably already making your own salad dressings. Store bought salad dressings are usually high in sugar and fat and artificial ingredients. Home-made is the way to go. Here are my three favourite recipes for healthy salad dressings that are quick and easy to make! A salad dressing bottle makes it easy to measure and mix. Measurements are indicated on the bottle.

Balsamic vinaigrette
In a salad dressing bottle, mix together
·         Equal parts plain yogurt, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.

Dijon Oil and Vinegar
·         Two tablespoons olive oil
·         One tablespoon apple cider vinegar (I use a bit more)
·         One teaspoon Dijon mustard
·         One teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
Makes enough for one salad.

Yogurt Garlic Dressing
·         1 cup plain yogurt
·         1-2 cloves crushed garlic
·         1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
·         Dash of sea salt
·         Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
Mix together. Do not blend. Chill before serving.

I have found other recipes that look good but involve too many ingredients for my liking. Three main ingredients that I usually have on hand are my go to’s. Let me know if you like these and share some of your own favourites below or on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/fitforeverottawa

1 comment:

  1. My go-to Caesar salad dressing is the same as your yogurt garlic one but with some anchovy paste. I always use Greek yogurt for the extra protein - Ruth (I can't figure out how to sign in with google so you know who I am).

    ReplyDelete