Thursday, January 9, 2014

Substitute one bad habit for one good habit



Want to start eating healthier and wondering where to start? Why not start by choosing one thing that you eat or drink that is doing you the most harm, and substitute it with something you’re not eating or drinking that is good for you? 

Not that many years ago, I used to drink a coke (usually Pepsi) about once every week. Coke is super unhealthy in every way. We all know that. Empty calories, tons of sugar, and it can rot your stomach. So I have gradually reduced my consumption of coke to about once a month and now I am at the point where it’s not something I really think about as an option. I do occasionally crave one if I am eating at a restaurant. But otherwise, I have kicked the coke habit. 

My new habit is coconut oil. Recently, I started consuming a tablespoon of coconut oil every morning. Coconut oil has many healing properties and does not convert into fat in the human body. In addition to its antimicrobial properties, coconut oil is beneficial for: promoting heart health, promoting healthy brain function, providing an excellent “fuel” for your body and supporting a strong metabolism that can aid in weight loss, supporting proper thyroid function, strengthening your immune system, and maintaining healthy skin, among other things. I also apply coconut oil directly to my face. Coconut oil acts as a natural sunscreen as it blocks the sun’s harmful UV rays. It has also been found to have anti-aging, regenerative effects.

I also cook with coconut oil and drink coconut water when I'm working out. The recommended daily dosage is 3 tablespoons. If you don’t like the oil itself, you could try it in your tea or coffee or juice blends or mix it in with other foods.

I highly recommend incorporating coconut oil into your daily diet. But, whatever habit you decide to change, making that one decision could be the start of a much healthier you. Good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment